Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Getting ready for Halloween.

I love Halloween.  However, this year, I'm the Grinch of Halloween. 

I decided that I was going to make some cute pumpkin cookies using my cookie press.  I made the delicous butter cookie dough and dyed it a lovely shade of orange.  I loaded the dough into the press and the plunger wouldn't move.  So, with my left hand I was pulling the trigger and with the right I was pressing on the plunger.  And wouldn't you know it, yes, you guessed it, my right hand slipped and my web went down the metal teeth of the darn thing and I cut my webbing between the my thumb and first finger.

The pain turned my stomach over, I looked down and there was a huge hole in my hand.  I grabbed a wad of paper towels and applied pressure and threw my hand up in the air.  I gave my son Parker the phone and told him to call Aaron at work. 

Aaron thought I was going to take myself to the hospital.  I told him that wasn't possible because I thought I was going to pass out.  About 15 minutes later he was home and took me to the ER.  We spent only (ha ha) two hours there and I got three stitches.  Hey, that works out to 40 minutes per stitch.  OUCH!  Oh yeah, and a tetanus shot.  You, have gotta love injuring yourself. 

And yes, as you can tell I am a HUGE BABY.

So, Here's a picture of my right hand and the stitches. Kinda hard to see because it was kinda hard to take the picture.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This all happened on Friday.  On Sunday, I decided to finally make the cookies.  I put the dough into the cookie press and I decided that it wasn't such a great idea.  I decided that rolled cookies would be easier and safer.  And behold, it was.  I used melted chocolate to decorate, nice and easy.  Parker helped and it was kinda funny, we were tying to paint the chocolate on using a toothpick..  They turned out frightfull.  Could have done alot better, but hey, at that point I just didn't care. 
 
To package them up for friends I made cute little cards with hand stamped "Eat, Drink and Be Scary" sayings and burned the edges for an authentic Halloween look.  I also made cute candy corns (say that three times fast) useing candy corn colored paper and a corner rounder.  Tied it all together with some nice hemp cord.  I also included a package of caramel corn I had made a few days earlier, that resulted in a blister on my thumb.  I guess you can say that I'm accident prone lately.  Lovely.  And no, there was no blood or anything in, near or around the cookie dough.


No comments:

Post a Comment