Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I Broke My Damn Toe!

Because I am a doctor (not, but I play one on T.V.) I have decided, for sure, that my toe is broken.  It hurts terribly.  I can barely move it (not that you can move your pinky toe much but still).  How can such a small, insignificant, little toe hurt so much?  Who Knows!  But it does.  How did I break it you ask?  I kicked the damn baby gate.  Aaron's advice, "Don't do that, step over the gate".  Wow, you are a damn genius Gus!  (I'm smiling here).

We had a wonderful, fun filled weekend.  Parker wasn't "feeling" well so he didn't join us.  Saturday we had planned on going to a "Cooks" type of store. Unfortunately, there was a HUGE sign at the entrance that read "Not open to the public".  It was more of a restaurant supply store.  Boo! So we drove through Old Town a different way, went by the airport, saw the Iwo Jima Memorial (It is huge and breathtaking), drove by Arlington Cemetery, and drove through Arlington. We ended up at Tyson's Corner.

I love Tyson's Corner.  There are two (yes 2) huge malls right in the same area.  A nice big mall, and a nice big, fancy, valet parking, Ritz Carlton mall.  Plus tons of other shopping.  We had a nice time walking around, bought Piper two new swim suits at Hanna Anderson, who was having a great sale, but we were treated like poop by the sales clerks.  Had an amazing lunch at Gordon Biersch. Aaron bought a coctail shaker at Pottery Barn (yup, you read that right AARON bought something at Pottery Barn).  Got free coffees at Starbucks because the Barista was from Bremeton, WA.  Go Washington!  And, on the way to the car Aaron found a $100 bill.  Not a soul in site.  No one.  Yay him.

Then on Saturday we took the Metro into DC.  We had a lovely day and went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.  I really enjoyed it.  But, man. People are rude.  I do not care if it is acceptable to shove, push, and have no regard for others personal space in your country.  You are in America, I am a bitch, and I will ram you with my stroller if you pull that shit with me.  Now, that being said, Americans can be total ass holes too (and they were).  I don't get it!

And people, wear deodorant for God's sake.  It's summer, it's hot, you stink!  Enough said!   Also, do not buy a chocolate chip cookie there.  It was nasty, dry, tasteless, waxy mess, and it cost $3.50.  Lunch was passable but it cost the same as Gordon Biersch the day before, so pretty much it sucked.

We did so much walking (aka we are old) that our feet hurt terribly.  Aaron was walking like a hobbled old man and I'm pretty sure the skin was rubbed of the bottoms of my toes (again with my toes!)  But it was another amazing day!

Any way, we saw many amazing things and of course, I have pictures.  Enjoy.

Of course, first up is my sweet Piper.
She really enjoyed her pretzel.


Smithsonian Castle

Museum of Natural History
The three things I was most excited to see.  T-Rex,
Easter Island Figure, and the Hope Diamond.





I love fossils.  I always wanted to find
them as a kid.  Never did.

Neanderthal Mom and Baby.  I over heard the tour guide say
"Now, we are not saying that this ever happened..."

We also went by the Air and Space Museum for a bit.

 IT'S AMAZING!
 (Yeah, this is for you.  You know who you are.)



3 comments:

  1. No, I'M amazing! lol Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I said it twice in a row and I could hear you saying it. Damn i miss you, you being here, now that would be AMAZING! Laloo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broken toes SUCK!!! I swear on more than one occasion when I was still dancing on pointe, that I broke my toes... Your poor piggys!! But it looks like you had fun in spite of that, and the crappy food. Love the pics of Piper eating her pretzel. :)

    ReplyDelete