Saturday, January 21, 2012

Holy Crap!

Piper started not feeling well yesterday.  Runny nose.  Sneezing. A bit cranky.  Only wanted to sleep if she was being held.  But, all in all, not too miserable.

Until 3:00 a.m.  She woke up crying.  The crying quickly escalated to a full on freak out.  Crying hysterically and shreaking!  I was terrified.  I stripped her and checked every inch of her body.  I tried nursing her.  I moved her arms and legs.  Nothing worked.  Nothing helped.  I even started crying.  After about a half hour of this I woke Aaron (he could sleep through a train wreck, while he was on the train) and said we need to go to the hospital.  He woke Parker to let him know we were going.

Thankfully, the car ride helped sooth her.  I rode in the back with her, and had to climb over the front seat to get there because the damn door was frozen shut.  Picture that!

And of course by the time we were admitted and saw the PA she was calm.  Nothing wrong.  Not her belly, ears, nothing.  Thank God!  They think she may have just been feeling really crappy because of the virus she has or maybe a bad dream, which is not normal for this age.  We then saw the doctor, who was amazing, it was the same Doc I saw when my gall bladder went ape 2 years ago. Either way she is feeling better, and I am thankful nothing is terribly wrong.  I was so scared!


My poor baby at the ER.


Aaron at the ER.

By the time we left, it was almost 6:00 a.m. and the snow had started.  We were tired (I had not slept) and hungry and thirsty.  Hello Mc'D's.  I have not had a breakfast sandwich in years, it was pretty yummy.  That is how hungry I was.  I was so thankful Piper fell asleep on the way home and went right to bed when we got home.  So did Aaron and I . Aaron got up with Piper and let me sleep a bit longer.  And, he went out in this snow to get me a latte this morning (he loves an excuse to drive in the snow like a teenager).  So we're hunkered down and chilling today.  I think I see naps in our future.

1 comment:

  1. What a miserable night!! I am glad you got in before the snow got too bad... But I am with Aaron on this one, I LOVE driving in snow-when there is no one else on the roads! It is really soothing. I like it almost as much as taking walks in the snow. Just so peaceful... Glad Piper is doing better, though! She is such a little doll baby.

    ~Meara

    ReplyDelete